Lesson 2: Closed Door


Archived: Lesson 1

On the second day of teaching school kids in Sembulan, there were three students ( 3 boys) present in the house for the first 40 minutes. I had expected the 9 students to be present sharp on 11 am. I was really unhappy with the attendance. I had almost wanted to cancel the class due the few number but I continued for these boys.

Gradually, the girls were standing outside the house despite the gate was opened. I wanted them to know indirectly that the class was still open for them even though I was in the midst of teaching the boys. Yet, they kept standing there. However, they called my name. I was full of pride and ignored their call. I did not want to speak to them as I was afraid to get soft hearted by their excuses and sweet faces. I conveyed a message to them through Darwis, that they should come back on other day. Then, the gate was closed.

There were a few calls from different girls. I did not turn my head around. I almost give in and peeped at the last call of my name. Half way,  I refused and concentrated in my teaching. I wanted to teach them about appreciating time.

I am actually afraid to lose them. Next week, I hope to see their faces and explained that I wasn't angry at their lateness but want to learn how to appreciate others' time. That I always welcome their presence to learn in the class. 

I know by doing so, I am also a hypocrite because I am not making use of my time well. I skipped church and came to this class expecting to teach with good spirit and expectation. I think I was little to tough on myself and them.

But I had my reasons. They had the privilege to learn, read and write. I was strict on them because I want to show them that I am serious about teaching them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dissapointment by the turn of events.

You can choose to love on two ways.

First knowledge buying IT product