(1`9 - 29 Nov) KL Trip - Seeing the Gleason
Just about around this time last week, it was then I spent short but precious time with the Gleasons.
We dated back long before that , when they were both my landlord and spiritual family. Our time together was precious. I learnt something valuable out of this trip.
A. Youth is short.
Being together, we talked about life in Rochester. We asked about the people whom we used to know and check to see if they are doing well. You just wonder if the 4 years spent in US was real or not. How time flies and still couldn't believe that part of me was there, studying , socializing and invested energy or emotion in building relationships. Part of me change for the better by knowing others in a foreign country.
The time in University, was the most fun but at the same time fleeting easily, in a blink an eye the person I am today can't be compared to that time who was adventurous, naive and energetic. Time when first love was where the heart beats to live life passionately.
B. Relationships matters.
For the past 9 years, if not for Facebook reminder, I almost thought there is non-existent of our relationship. Is it worth more than the value of money,to take a trip to KL to see them? Yes. I witness how , even for other people who hasn't seem them for more than 20 years, also took the time to fly over to KL (from Singapore) to see them. I had the privileged of meeting them earlier. We talked about similar experience staying in Rochester, most of all what we did together, wasn't really about the economic of the country.
C. Blessings and gifts of God
God blesses us in different way. There is a time in everything. Although I felt my uni lifestyle shone the most in my life, right now blessings come in different ways. He placed these people in my life. I am blessed because I could connect with someone different than my own. Along the way, coming to know new ones in the Rochester family.
D. It is never too old to minister to others.
We both minister each other in the reverse way. They used to help me settle in their country and now I help them to settle in my country. Being their first time in a foreign country, they learnt that the struggle was more than what they thought. It wasn't easy to get around in a new place. It wasn't too late for them to be aware of it. I am glad they know now and our understanding for each became better.
This time, I ministered to their needs just as how they did for me.
E. Age doesn't wait.
9 years have past, we have aged. Health is deteriorating. It doesn't wait for you. Make the most out of it. No matter how old you are, you can still do something. They chose to travel despite the difficulties , but they enjoyed the outcome , that is the joy of ministering to students whom they once helped in lives.
Comments
Post a Comment