A poem inspired by a visit to Tanjung Lipat.
For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,- 1 Timothy 4:4
Rusty.. it's been awhile I last wrote a poem.
But I will try and I will write about God's creation.
While I count my steps as I walk nearer to the sea
A special spot seem to be waiting for me
An aged log longs for a seated wear
There, I let the strong breeze sweep my hair
Where do I begin cherishing what I see
Those gifts of beauty God set before me
I am glad that I made time for Him
He comforts me through thick and thin
Why are things the way they are?
Heart-shaped leaves edge the shore to the end
The long curly and foamy waves roaring by the sound of the wind
Still, the vast blue sky quiets the horizon with cottony clouds
Soaring by above is an eagle gliding high in its wing spread wide
Curious crabs scurry left to right across the sand bed
Two white storks clench onto a swaying boat
Beside them a man with a pointed straw hat
Trying to pull a net in for a sign of fish
The heat of afternoon marked by the ticking sun
For only God knows why things are the way they are
Memories of time past summons my attention
Doubts, worries, fears or uncertainties drown in the waves
The wind blows sorrow, despair, grief or bitterness away
The greens sooth the heart to peace and calm
The sky observe new dreams and hopes
The clouds reflect good and bad memories
The dancing crabs alike of life simplest pleasure
The eagle treasure wisdom above all things
In the end I gave in to the sun that holds a future
In time like this
I thank God for His promise
Joy, laughter, love
Come in the mornings
Alone in the world
Not in His kingdom
Your beautiful creation
I capture to heal
Rusty.. it's been awhile I last wrote a poem.
But I will try and I will write about God's creation.
While I count my steps as I walk nearer to the sea
A special spot seem to be waiting for me
An aged log longs for a seated wear
There, I let the strong breeze sweep my hair
Where do I begin cherishing what I see
Those gifts of beauty God set before me
I am glad that I made time for Him
He comforts me through thick and thin
Why are things the way they are?
Heart-shaped leaves edge the shore to the end
The long curly and foamy waves roaring by the sound of the wind
Still, the vast blue sky quiets the horizon with cottony clouds
Soaring by above is an eagle gliding high in its wing spread wide
Curious crabs scurry left to right across the sand bed
Two white storks clench onto a swaying boat
Beside them a man with a pointed straw hat
Trying to pull a net in for a sign of fish
The heat of afternoon marked by the ticking sun
For only God knows why things are the way they are
Memories of time past summons my attention
Doubts, worries, fears or uncertainties drown in the waves
The wind blows sorrow, despair, grief or bitterness away
The greens sooth the heart to peace and calm
The sky observe new dreams and hopes
The clouds reflect good and bad memories
The dancing crabs alike of life simplest pleasure
The eagle treasure wisdom above all things
In the end I gave in to the sun that holds a future
In time like this
I thank God for His promise
Joy, laughter, love
Come in the mornings
Alone in the world
Not in His kingdom
Your beautiful creation
I capture to heal
Allow me to say
I love you, My Lord.
I love you, My Lord.
Comments
Post a Comment