Reflection: Family Reunion 27 September 2015
There I go again. Sometimes I hate myself. Why? When family was together, I turned passive and quiet, just cherishing every moment. When they leave or go home, I become sorrowful and sad, missing the good times together. I just missing them and that shows I love them not wanting to see them off.
I know it is the hardest fact that everyone has to continue with their life. I recalled Sis Irene making a point that it is harder for the later generation to stay in one place and keep each other company. Dad's generation where siblings stayed in one place, they keep each other near.
With the advent of WhatsApp (supposed to be for a big country), there is a lesser need to make the effort of meeting up in a place.What will become of us, cousin and distant relatives after the older generation is gone? I could not fathom the outcome of that idea.
Will we be meeting annually? Will we be keeping each other in touch? Will we just be living separately? All I have here is my father and brother. Knowing the feeling of losing a loved ones, just being near them is good enough.
A personal internal emotional anger burst highlighted my learning in this time of togetherness. Never let emotions break things apart between a family tie. It might turn to be a regret over time. A simple feeling that becomes the currency of value in the realms of time essence and age.
I know it is the hardest fact that everyone has to continue with their life. I recalled Sis Irene making a point that it is harder for the later generation to stay in one place and keep each other company. Dad's generation where siblings stayed in one place, they keep each other near.
With the advent of WhatsApp (supposed to be for a big country), there is a lesser need to make the effort of meeting up in a place.What will become of us, cousin and distant relatives after the older generation is gone? I could not fathom the outcome of that idea.
Will we be meeting annually? Will we be keeping each other in touch? Will we just be living separately? All I have here is my father and brother. Knowing the feeling of losing a loved ones, just being near them is good enough.
A personal internal emotional anger burst highlighted my learning in this time of togetherness. Never let emotions break things apart between a family tie. It might turn to be a regret over time. A simple feeling that becomes the currency of value in the realms of time essence and age.
Comments
Post a Comment